Thursday, December 25, 2014

Favorite Singles & Tracks of 2014


Every year deserves a soundtrack. And here are my favorite tunes of 2014. The ones that carried me through, brought me back, crushed me, soothed me, lifted me, pushed me past mile 5 and generally made me look like a crazy person on NYC sidewalks. Enjoy the countdown and Happy 2015!


25. "Red Eyes" - War on Drugs

Must have made The Boss proud this spring. My best air guitar moments.




24. "Bassically" - Tei Shi

Like Donna Summer's "I Feel Love" on acid.




23. "Pocketknife" - Mr. Little Jeans

Best dance song.




22. "I Love You" - Woodkid

French video director makes an incredible album.




21. "Hideaway" - Kiesza

Hello again, 1993...




20. "Gods & Monters" - Lana Del Rey

Elsa Mars brought me here.




19. "Blank Space" - Taylor Swift.

No, you are not too cool for Taylor Swift. And definitely not too cool for this video.




18. "Happy Idiot" - TV On The Radio

These indie rock dudes made one of the catchiest songs this year.





17. "Dark Horse" - Katy Perry

Surprising move that paid off. 





16. "Classic" - The Knocks

Best summer song.




15. "Hidden X's" - Fuck Buttons

Rich, atmospheric, soundtracky gem.





14. "Chandelier" - Sia

There's life after 40 on pop radio... and best video of the year. 





13. "Stay With Me" - Sam Smith

When radio gets it right.





12. "Take Me to Church" - Hozier

That voice. And yeah, about religion...





11. "From Eden" - Hozier

"Babe, there's something tragic about you. Something so magic about you. Don't you agree?"





10. "Living For Love" - Madonna 

First time she really nails it since 2005.





9. "I'm Not The Only One" - Sam Smith

Burn it. Burn it all down.





8. "Partition" - Beyonce

Too cool for America's Disneyfied radio.




7. "Looking Too Closely" - Fink

Ouch. 




6. "Queen" - Perfume Genius

Subversive. Best rock song. My new favorite artist.




5. "Seasons Change" - Future Islands

Best Melody. "But I've grown tired of trying to change for you"




4. "Boom Clap" - Charli XCX

Great pop. The bad girl touch makes all the difference.





3. "Gold" - James Vincent McMorrow

Made me smile each time.




2. "In These Arms of Love' - Cut Copy

Cathartic.






1. 'CAN'T DO WITHOUT YOU' - CARIBOU

Favorite tune of the year. Soul, Disco, Magic. I want to live inside this one. Just perfect.


HAPPY 2015!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers